You have decided to give professional landscaping services a try. Very good decision! However, you may be uncertain about what exactly to expect and how you should go about meeting with the designer. No worries, we got you covered. As landscaping experts, we can shed some light on the uncertainty. Our landscapers are professionally trained and have attended landscaping design classes at NC State. We know what we need from you to make a success of your garden and your landscape vision. So, here’s what we need from you.
- Friendliness– We are there to help you and make your dream garden come to life. We ask a lot of questions and need some information from you. Please don’t see that as intrusive or rude. We’re just doing our jobs. Please be friendly to our gardeners and designers.
- Vision – We don’t need you to draw the whole idea you have. That’s the designer’s job. However, what does help us understand what you want better, is to have pictures. If you come across pictures in magazines or online that you like, keep them. Gather pictures or draw ideas of all the features and flowers and things that you imagine in your garden. Our designer can take those pieces and put them together in a beautiful design that you will love.
- Space – Once we get started on your garden transformation, we need you to allow us to do our job. Homeowners often want to interfere and get involved, but it cannot work that way. Each member of the landscaping team has their own very specific jobs to do. It requires planning and a strategic execution of the plan to make sure everything runs smoothly and works out the right way. If you have concerns, feel free to speak to the designer, but please don’t yell at workers or jump in and so things yourself.
- Prompt Payment – This may seem like a weird thing to put on a list like this, but it is important. For our team to be able to landscape your garden, they need supplies and tools. We need your payment to be able to purchase the necessary equipment, plants, features, etc. If we don’t have the funds, we cannot do our jobs.
- Excitement – The best way to prepare yourself for landscaping is to be excited. We promise to give you a beautiful masterpiece, so be excited. The end result will blow you away and you will thoroughly enjoy it. We guarantee that. So, sit back, relax, and watch the magic happen.
There isn’t much in the way of preparation from your side aside from the pictures. Everything else just makes our jobs easier and allows us to build the garden you want within the timeframe you need. So, be excited, be amazed, and enjoy your garden.